Skip to main content

Cord Cutters Rejoice!!


Since my post about Cutting the Cord is by far the most popular on this blog, I thought I would share some exciting news with everyone. Our favorite media streaming service has just had a huge update making it much more user friendly.  Its called PlayOn, and allows you to cast any videos you can watch on your PC to a Roku, Chromecast, Playstation, Xbox, Wii...what have you (we love the free episodes on NickJr.com and the free hulu episodes). It can also link up to any paid subscription service you have (netflix, amazon, etc.)  I paid $70 last year for a lifetime licence, and now they are offering a scaled down version for free. If you do upgrade to the paid program ($30 annually or $60 lifetime), you can also use your PC as a DVR for any online video and watch it later (including hulu and netflix videos about to expire), skip commercials on certain videos, AND now you can also stream it to a tablet or smart phone (in-network as far as I can tell). Also, the videos are recorded in Mpeg 4 format and can be added to any device you want to watch offline. We seriously use this program on a daily basis.  Check it out if you think its up your alley, or if you are considering cutting the cord.

Comments