Skip to main content

Pretty Princess Dolls


I wish I had taken better pictues of these, because this one just doesn't do it justice.  I made these princess dolls for my six-year-old niece for Christmas, and I actually made two more (Tiana and Aurora) that I didn't get pictures of.  Drat!  Oh well.  They were pretty straightforward to make, and my niece LOVED them.  I put them all in a cute little purse for easy travel, and the whole night after she unwrapped them, she wouldn't put that purse down or let anyone else touch it...not even her mom who just wanted to look at them!  I was tickled pink.  I used the Princess Peg Doll Tutorial that I based my Nativity Set on as well, but I added Princess Merida from Brave to the mix.


I think that Merida ended up being my favorite, followed by Snow White.  I also made a set of Super Hero Figures for my son using the same method.  The best part of these toys is that they are about the same size as the original Fisher Price Little People, so they can use their cars, furniture, etc.  My son likes to put his in his toy fire truck, just because they fit.  

Cost Break Down:
Tall peg dolls (2 each pack): 4 x $1.50 at Craft Warehouse
Leftover Paints: $0
Total: $6

I mention in my post about the Super Hero Figures that I found the dolls even cheaper at Hobby Lobby later.  $2.99 for a pack of 8 instead of buying them in packs of two.  If I had known that before hand, this project would have only cost me $3!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tip For Peeling Eggs

Image by khunaspix via freedigitalphotos.net  The best part of having your own chickens is fresh eggs.  Since spring feels like it has arrived in our neck of the woods, our chickens have ramped up their egg production significantly in the last couple of weeks.  This occurred right after I bought a dozen and a half eggs from Costco since I wasn't expecting to have so many fresh ones on hand for a few weeks yet.  Oops.  So here I was with a huge amount of eggs, trying to figure out what to do with them.  Then I remembered a family pot luck we had coming up and decided it would be the perfect opportunity to use up a dozen or more eggs in hard-boiled form on a big batch of potato salad.  Since I was making hard boiled eggs, I though I'd share my little trick for peeling them. I never realized that people have a hard time peeling hard boiled eggs until I got married and my husband was complaining one day about how he couldn't get the eggs peeled ver...

Christmas Planning Part IV: Paying for Christmas

While scaling back can take a big chunk out of the burden of paying for Christmas, the burden won't be completely gone. We still have to buy gifts or materials to make them, and we want to do fun things around Christmas that sometimes cost money. Since I don't advocate going into credit card debt for anything short of the most dire emergencies, here are a couple suggestions on  how to pay for Christmas.  One way we have done it in the past is to set up an extra savings account at our credit union and transfer $10-$20 a paycheck into it depending on what we can afford. If things are really tight, we sometimes only move over $5. If we have a windfall (such as a bonus or tax return) we will take a portion of that money and add it to the Christmas account as well. This Christmas account pays for both gifts AND activities thorough the Christmas season. I know someone that insists that they are too poor to save even a few dollars a pay check, so they put everything they buy for ...

Why I Keep Over-The-Counter Meds On-Hand

I love essential oils.  I also love tinctures and other herbal remedies.  But my kids aren't always thrilled with home remedies because of taste/smell/random finicky-ness, and *sometimes* I run through a few natural options and still can't solve a problem myself.  Case in point:  my 7-year-old has a nasty bug.  We had family come and visit this weekend, and someone was sick.  Sunday he started complaining of not feeling well and by Sunday night he was running a moderate fever (100-101 degrees Fahrenheit).  I rubbed some lavender oil on him to keep it moderate and put him to bed.  The next morning his fever was 101.8 when he got up. Still no big deal.  But within an hour it was up to 102.8.  Hmmm. Time to try something a little more potent.  Out came my glycerin tinctures, diluted in water.  He wouldn't take more than a sip and then refused more because it turned his already painful stomach. Out came the essential oils again....